The Garena Call of Duty Community; Connecting all CoD gamers in Garena

Hope you all enjoy this newly created forum... Have fun!!!
Suggestions are welcomed, please do show us the light. Let's make this forum a better place... xD
Want to be promoted to a cool rank? Please read the forum Rules & Regulations first!

Your Mouse and In-Game Setting

Nih
    Noob

Re: Your Mouse and In-Game Setting

Post by Nih on 6/14/2010, 06:36

its a bad idea to use an expensive keyboard for o2 jam LOL there are some cheap keyboards like the RM25 logitech keyboard (forgot the model name) which serve the same purpose as a gaming one, click link below

Logitech
    Exter[M]1nat3r
    Exter[M]1nat3r
    Noob

Post by Exter[M]1nat3r on 6/14/2010, 09:12

Nih wrote:its a bad idea to use an expensive keyboard for o2 jam LOL there are some cheap keyboards like the RM25 logitech keyboard (forgot the model name) which serve the same purpose as a gaming one, click link below

Logitech
    pro gamers would prefer anti ghosting keyboard which is able to press up to 7 keys at once with crisp response... A4 tech keyboard are one of the top choice for o2jammers for its super fast response and anti ghosting

i've seen a lvl 98 o2 jammer in action in WCG06... and the cheap logitech keyboard provided totally put a limit to that guy's performance.
    Once he change the keyboard to his own one, things changed for the better
    Nih
    Noob

Post by Nih on 6/14/2010, 10:38

well it depends on ur available budget =D what i just wanted to post some advice to those whom didnt have much of a budget if they wanted something reliable
    Exter[M]1nat3r
    Exter[M]1nat3r
    Noob

Post by Exter[M]1nat3r on 6/15/2010, 10:42

Nih wrote:well it depends on ur available budget =D what i just wanted to post some advice to those whom didnt have much of a budget if they wanted something reliable
    if you want top notch performance, especially those hardcore gamers would... then you have to invest in those high end gadgets...

A4 Tech keyboard have great response time and anti ghosting and priced way below those high end ones... best bang for the buck i would say

logitech cheapo rm25 ones just doesnt cut it...
    (again, if you are competing in tourneys then its mandatory to have a good hardware that will give you the edge, if you're not then forget it unless you have the money)
    Nih
    Noob

Post by Nih on 6/16/2010, 08:10

Exter[M]1nat3r wrote:
    Nih wrote:well it depends on ur available budget =D what i just wanted to post some advice to those whom didnt have much of a budget if they wanted something reliable
    if you want top notch performance, especially those hardcore gamers would... then you have to invest in those high end gadgets...

not necessarily true top notch gadgets are not always the best investment some might think it is, for instance no offense to most users, razer products are actually kinda crap , Low durability , low life extension , bad performance other than the Death Adder, Mamba and Imperator and Tarantula Keyboard nth else is actually kinda useful. myself being in the competitive scene for over 5 years veteran players usually indulge themselves in cheaper gears such as the Intelli Microsoft Mouse 3.0 , or prolly an MX518 logitech mouse as they provide the same performance value comparable to other more expensive gears

High end top notch gaming gears are
    1. expensive
    2. Might not be viable
    3. Gives off a better impression of the gamer in LAN games

Unless your a sucker for looks then it shud be viable in a sense but other than that, high end top notch gears can be easily replaced by cheaper ones.

SteelSeries 5H headset(RM 300 - 500 w soundcard) < ATH 130 ( 110 - 140 ) / Steel Series 4H (RM 180 - 200)

Razer Lycosa Keyboard (RM 190 - 250)
    1. No anti ghosting capabilities on any other keys other than WASD
    2. Rubbery and Flat keys good for those whom tend to slip
    3. Low durability
    4. Cool glowing lights

Logitech G15 keyboard (RM 170 - 220)
    1. Fully anti ghosting
    2. 3 Sets of macro keys
    3. On board Screen
    4. Medium - Long Durability
    5. Lighted Keys

Given a situation of a seasoned and constant competitive gamer, it also depends on his earnings to be able to sustain such gear with high maintenance cost.
    I would like to highlight some players preferentially ESP.Sanction whom have no mouse of his own until the recent LAN game Party ( Cyber Fusion ), he managed to sustain himself through the competitive scene for a year plus b4 buying a Razer Krait, its highly possible cause the main variable in a competitive game is none other than " Skill " which promod has helped in many ways to sustain it that way.

Since i m already on the topic i would like to discuss a bit on about Promod, as most may see the common weapons used are the AK47, AKsU 74 for the smg rifle side. This was made so cause the players tactics are mainly revolved around those few weapons, thus making it redundant to re-calibrate most other rifles as even if they do so no one would still use them.
    DJKillerZ
    Noob

Post by DJKillerZ on 6/17/2010, 22:25

Mouse : Razer Death Adder
    DPI : 3500
    Sensitivity:(If in-game, it's the lowest)
    cl_MouseAccel : (Is it in-game??? Cause for Razer mouse Acceleration I put full)
    Windows Mouse Settings : 10
    MousePad : Razer Kabuto

My gaming rig is just a normal Acer 4736G laptop.... >.<
    But I got Razer Megalodon and Razer Armadillo.
    Exter[M]1nat3r
    Exter[M]1nat3r
    Noob

Post by Exter[M]1nat3r on 6/19/2010, 06:21

lol... i was about to mention razer, of coz not all high end stuff are good... and im also an ANTI-RAZER guy... like you said, i also find that razer products are not durable, doesnt perform that good except tarrantula and death adder of coz.
    of coz there are a few sucker that doesnt read reviews and do research before buying and got those expensive yet useless stuff.

in terms of gaming hardware, Logitech > Razer in most aspect
    most razer fans are just going for the branding and looks of the hardware

there are only a few hardware which i consider between mid range to high end and are worth buying. Stuff like Razer Lycosa, Razer Naga and Razer Megalodon shouldnt exist at all... instead, Razer never came out a product like a Logitech G13 before which is useful in most games

then again, keyboard and mouse preference is subject to change due to the competition of different brands. Unlike kb/mouse, in racing games, there is a big difference in low end stuff and high end stuff. High end wheel like G25 and G27 really go give an edge to racers than the cheap logitech momo, you can hardly see anyone made it to WCG top 8 finalist with a keyboard. Well i was lucky to breach top 8 with my old IBM keyboard 2 years back and struggling to catch up with steering users.

It sure does matter who owns the bigger stick, but it matters more on who's holding it.

in the world of gaming, of coz skills do most of the talking, but good hardware could bring your skill to a different level
    Haku =]
    Haku =]
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Haku =] on 6/19/2010, 16:38

I've had a Razer Diamondback 3G, and it works fine even until now. Nivvy is using it. I now have a Razer Mamba, and it's awesome.
    Exter[M]1nat3r
    Exter[M]1nat3r
    Noob

Post by Exter[M]1nat3r on 6/19/2010, 20:10

for that price, you can get a better gadget compared to mamba
    eg. Mad Catz RAT 7
    Haku =]
    Haku =]
    Admin
    Admin

Post by Haku =] on 6/20/2010, 06:37

I got it on Amazon - a 35% discount simply because the owner found out that it does not work too well if you connect it wirelessly with an Apple computer.
    Foxkeh
    Noob

Post by Foxkeh on 6/23/2010, 05:18

Mouse
    :
    Deathadder
    Dpi
    : 1800

Sensitivity
    In-Game :
    0.7 to 0.9
    cl_mouseAccel
    : 0 (only sohai and lazy mutha fart uses 5)

Window Mouse
    Speed Setting : forget

Mouse
    Pad : Razer control
    noobfack
    Noob

Post by noobfack on 6/27/2010, 23:49

Nih wrote:Mouse : Intelli Microsoft Explorer 3.0
    DPI : 800

FAIL
    IME 3.0 has a DPI of only 400
    XDXD

anyway here are some of my mouse settings

Mouse: MS Sidewinder x3
    DPI: 400
    Sensitivity in-game: 0.65
    cl_mouseaccel: 0
    windows mouse speed: half
    Mousepad: Blitzzone table.

NOTE: This post has been edited by the grammar Nazi.
    CrissMalvory
    CrissMalvory
    Noob

Post by CrissMalvory on 7/19/2010, 21:30

Mouse : Steel Series XAI laser Mouse

Sensitivity In-Game : 0.4 easy to drag shot when using sniper

Mouse Pad : Steel Series 9hd
    mayon
    mayon
    Comrade
    Comrade